People about/to Anya
This page was made with a purpose to help you to understand
Anya's ability to coach students of different age and level.
Here are shortcuts from people's emails to Anya and forwarded
messages to each other through her e-mail box. We hope you'll find it interesting.
- We do so love your teaching us..... and we have also
signed up to take the classes again at the XX, we believe you will be teaching
there as well. May, 2006
- You were a very very good teacher that I ever had.
I need to practice by myself with my husband more often so I can do it better.
Thank you very much for your training. You are my favorite teacher. June,
- I just wanted you to know that everyone who attended
the Wednesday night class loved it! Thanks for doing it for us. June, 2006
- Dear Anya, thank you for your great e-mails. They
are wonderful. You've done a lot's of work... I do really enjoy the class
and will do it again in July. June, 2006
- Email among friends:
I am forwarding a newsletter about the dance classes I spoke about. The one
for your daughter is item 1. I can tell you that my wife and I have very much
enjoyed the classes we have taken with Anya and hope to continue to take classes
in the future. She is very knowledgeable and makes the lessons fun, so I recommend
her very highly. If you are interested you can contact Anya directly at the
web address at the bottom of the page, and I can bow out gracefully. Hope
it works out and maybe you are interested in the adult classes I am taking!
- My son kept talking about his dance classes to all
our relatives. He chose his own music and made a performance for his grandmother.
Thank you once again for the Polka music. It is a pleasure to see your professional
approach to the work! July, 2006
- Thank you for your wonderful work. My daughter really
enjoyed the classes. July, 2006
- Anya, thank you for the possibility to perform with
"Dance Fireworks". My son was very happy! July, 2006
- My daughter really enjoyed your dance camp yesterday.
She told me she will be telling other teens she knows about it. July, 2006
- The bits you gave on body movement were the best thing
I could have heard. It clicked in my head, and it helped me to move my body
in the ways of the cha-cha...I have a long way to go, but I was shocked I
went that far. July, 2006
- I have truly enjoyed my last two lessons. I will be
purchasing the group of 10 lessons for this next week. Thanks again. August,
- After XXX performance I would like to continue working
on this routine and refine it and polish some of the rough spots in order
to make it a really special presentation. August, 2006
- You are an awesome coach. :-) Thank you for everything!
- I just wanted to thank you for being so patient with
me yesterday. I was definitely having a bad day and not getting the steps
well at all. I noticed several times you slowed everything down just for my
benefit. August, 2006
- I loved my lesson today...as usual of course! You
are soooooo AWESOME! I feel so lucky to have you as my instructor. Anyway,
I would like to sign up my six kids (I call them my kids, because it feels
like they are most of the time) for the dance camp. August, 2006
- We are looking for a new teacher/studio to continue
our daughter’s dance. We like your professional and quality teaching.
Do you know if you will have any group classes this fall? August, 2006
- Anya, my husband and I want to let you know how much
we enjoy your positive style of teaching and your attitude toward we beginners.
It is positive and supportive--thank you. September, 2006
- Dear Anya, my wife and I have really been enjoying
your classes and hope to continue. Do you plan to do another month at the
XXX in October? We would love you to do that. Also, I have talked my mom into
coming next month. She is just a bit older than XX, and would, hopefully,
make a good partner for him. Who knows, maybe they have something in common.
Thanks for your wonderful teaching. Your classes are lots of fun.
- You're a great teacher and I so enjoyed meeting you.
Thanks so much. October, 2006
Advanced and competitive dancers
- P.S. It was great seeing you the other night at USABDA,
you are an AMAZING dancer! :) July, 2006
- I was really pleased with today's progress and appreciate
the corrections and additions you have made. I think the routine is falling
into place very well. I do not want to lose the momentum we have established.
If possible I would like to do more lessons. July, 2006
- I was telling my mom the other day that I feel so
bored and unproductive when I am not dancing, and taking your classes; I can't
wait to come back in a few weeks for the camp!! I still think you are the
best coach I have had, and I hope I continue to dance with you. I am very
excited to learn the Flamenco routine! August, 2006
- I'm a little bummed out after today's lesson, but
I will try to be like the contestants on Dancing With The Stars and come back
stronger for the criticism. I have been practicing this afternoon and hope
to be smoother, improved and ready to go by tomorrow. August, 2006
- I continue to do the [dance] routine now three two
five times a day as an aerobic exercise along with weight lifting and swimming.
It still has deep meaning to me. The whole experience has been a great joy.
Thanks again for sharing a dream and bringing it to life. September, 2006
- It was really fun last dance night. You are amazing.
- Class was great yesterday. :) I woke up this morning
really sore! September, 2006
- Thanks so much for working with my partner and me.
We are so excited that we finally have found a great Latin coach. I know it
probably seemed to you that he was a little tired last night, but I just want
you to know that he talks VERY highly of you and we both admire your talent
and skill. We are excited for our future routines from you! :) September,
- Dear Anya, our competition dates are X, Y, and Z.
We will video tape each dance and work them hard during the week on our own.
It's rushing, but we want to do it and eventually these routines will look
amazing with the right technique and more coaching. Thank you! September,
- Anya you really are a true inspiration to me already…October,
- I was totally soared, every piece of my body. I just
need to get strongerrrrrrr. One day I shall make you proud. October, 2006
- Anya, you are just super!!! Incredible training! By
the way, in Viennese Waltz I stand on the ball of the foot, if I do not think,
although I should:) Unfortunately, it is impossible for you to move to New
York. I wish I had such a coach there. Please, schedule me for lessons when
you will be in NYC. Thank you. October, 2006
- Anya, just thanking you for letting us join your Int
Tango class on Sunday. Your instruction in the Tango walk, progressive link,
promenade to Tango close, and Tango frame was interesting and informative
and had the "european flair". We hope to see you on the dance floor
in the coming months and wish you well as you make a new home in our country.
Welcome to Portland!! October, 2006
- X and I had a great practice today and will practice
again tomorrow. Baby steps right? :) November, 2006
- OK, I will practice lots and get these things down.
I'd heard in passing that we go sideways through the lockstep, but never understood
why or how... now I do! There's so much new stuff or stuff that I didn't understand
before that you explained better. December, 200
- It was great working with you in Latin this week,
I had fun and learned a lot! Dancing Standard with you was great too, I just
need to get used to your height (most of my partners have been 5'4" or
taller, so it was a new experience). Then it will be much easier. I'll be
practicing diligently (as much as possible with my lazy bones). December,
- Anya, as I was watching them dance, I had a thought.
I am thinking I would like to take private lessons from you a couple days
a week. Would you teach me hard? I would love to be trained at a harder level.
I have talked with my parents, and they like this idea. If I ever want to
dance professionally, I need to get the right training. Please think about
this. January, 2006
Professional dance coaches, managers,
business owners, and other pros
- Email among professionals:
An amazing lady has just moved to town from Moscow, and she is my new dance
coach for International Style Standard and Latin Dance. In addition to her
high level of ballroom, she has substantial dance knowledge in other disciplines
as well. It is best to have you meet her in person and see her outstanding
resume yourself. June, 2006
- We enjoyed working with you on Friday night and are
looking forward to our dance in August. I hope the music came across well
enough for your students to enjoy their dancing. Also, we were amazed at your
demonstration dance. Bravo. Thanks again for your input. July, 2006
- It was nice to meet you at our photo shoot at XXX's
Ballroom. We really appreciate you sharing your talents to enliven our photographs.
- XXX Dance Club News Letter: Anya Klimova-Preston from
‘Dance Fireworks' did the show this evening. She danced a passionate
Samba with AA and a lively Viennese Waltz with BB. Then, as Anya is conducting
dance instruction in the Portland Public Schools and at three Westside Dance
Studios, she showcased one of her young students. CC added a very unique spin
to the show, doing a solo ballet titled “Breathe you in.” After
the show, visiting with Anya I discovered she has studied dance at very high
levels in St Petersburg and Moscow. Her repertoire is extensive, including
jazz and the flamenco art. An intense and dedicated dancer, it was a pleasure
welcoming Anya to the XXX Dance Club. August, 2006
- I think that your program is excellent. You are bringing
a higher standard to this town! August, 2006
- Great performance...thanks for sharing the kids talents
with us. We look forward to being able to do it again sometime. Keep us in
mind whenever you need a place to perform. September, 2006
- YES!!!!!! I want more pictures.
I can use the bulletin board at the top of the stair way. Also, we have a
mom who wants to have her and her 15 year old son take the class. Is that
age old enough for that class? Thanks for you talent! September, 2006
- We had ballroom dancing lessons last year for about
8 weeks with our 5th graders. The response from our teachers, and from me,
you have accomplished more in 1 lesson than last year's 8. The tone you set,
the high expectations, and your genuine love of dance comes through to our
kids. Thank you for expecting them to be great. Thank you so much. We are
lucky to have you! October, 2006
- I want you to know that we really enjoyed you teaching
here and we're interested in getting you back for in for more sessions in
February and March after your Europian trip. October, 2006
- Working with you as a team was a real pleasure. I'm
glad to have met you and look forward to working with you again. November,
- I think that I will try to keep the class size a little
smaller then we usually do, making it around 20 people. Do you think that
this will still work for technique? I don't want to have too many people to
really get work done on technique. December, 2006
- I'd just like to take a moment and thank you for your
support, generosity and inspiration in my art! You have been with me for many
years and become a really good friend. December, 2007
- Your classes are incredible. I love them, and have
been telling members that they MUST take advantage of us being so lucky to
have your classes here. January, 2007
- After looking through your credentials it looks like
you are well qualified to judge our XXX competition which is a USA Dance Championship.
We are happy to invite you to … January, 2007
- You are wonderful with samba, so lets go with that.
I think your performance should be a samba too. Besides, I love to watch you
perform. January, 2007
to be continued.
If you have already taken classes/lessons
from Anya she would appreciate your opinion about the information you got, your
difficulties and hopes. Email her.